Monday, January 3, 2011

About ME

My name is Bryndle Rueck and I am beginning my 3rd term in the MAT online program. I currently live in Aumsville Oregon with a few room mates and our dogs. I'm student teaching Health I and II at Cascade High School where I coach the girls varsity soccer team in the Fall. I know winter term started for this class online today, but i won't have my on campus classses untill this Saturday, and today was a cut day at the high school, so i'm quite certain i will spend the rest of the day watching the 1st season of "how i met your mother". :)

4 comments:

  1. While in China I received an email talking about providing support for some residents of Aumsville after a tornado hit the community. What a surprise! Were you affected in any way?
    The author of the aforementioned email also strongly advocates for using Twitter as a distribution media in a disaster. His example is the Colorado fire where residents would tweet the status of the fire and homes and needs faster than any agency could. Blogs could provide some rapid information distribution also but probably not as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Byndle, I love, love, love soccer. I play in an (ahem) over 35 league and an over 18 league (we play much shorter games--about 45 minutes rather than 90). It's wonderful for working out and it's also great for the brain! How wonderful that you are a coach. I don't think I have what it takes in that area. I hope your season went well, and look forward to discussing blogs with you this month!

    Denvy, I read in MetaWikipedia that the same system was used in Haiti--the tweets were sent to a basement in Boston, I think, which had been set up as a disaster relief center, and they essentially ran a good deal of the rescue effort from there, sending locations of people who were trapped to the agencies nearest to the actual site. Wild stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bryndle! How is your student teaching going? I am nervous! But I am also SO EXCITED! I hope you had an amazing break and I look forward to seeing you on Saturday. Live long and prosper, girl! And enjoy "How I Met Your Mother"! :o}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Byndle,
    I sense great energy emitting from this blog! It’s contagious because I feel like reading all the postings now. You truly are busy thus a productive citizen of society. People who serve, i.e., educators, military, and civilian protectors are among the coolest folks.

    ReplyDelete