Saturday, January 29, 2011

A final reflection

As this quick course comes to a close there's always that time for reflection for lessons learned and the experience as a whole, and this is it!

Blogging is definitely a useful feature in today's society as well as in the classroom. I tend to agree with Jan (classmate of my web based co-hort 19 and member of this class!) that blogging is a useful classroom tool, but is it for everyone?! I've learned that frustration with lack of understanding really gets me. If i cannot master a skill or something relatively quickly, i tend to shut down, as I'm all sure you noticed when it comes to this course and my time gap of blog entries. As far as utilizing blogging as a classroom tool, i would have to become the master of it before making that attempt. And at this point in my life, i may not have the drive or dedication to do so. That's OK however, it's not as if blogging is anywhere near disappearing tomorrow, and there is always time down the road to dabble and experiment with new and innovative ways to teach, engage a classroom and communicate with students. I am glad for the time i spent now allowing myself to be exposed to the possibility of an interesting and new approach to teaching the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment