Thursday, January 27, 2011

Management Skills

To me managing a blog has felt like a full time job. I definitely think a big part of managing a blog has to do with dedication, drive, and organization. If i were going to be using a blog for education purposes and in my classroom it would have to be very formally thought out with an exact purpose and outline. It definitely couldn't be a spur of the moment kind of thing.

To correctly manage a blog for a classroom i would go further in depth with utilizing and understanding the uses of the tools and resources and help resources at the bottom of dashboard. Dashboard would definitely become my life line. I would need a schedule for routinely updating and adding to my blog as to keep it interesting and useful. There is also the part of maintaining the students blogs as well, and going the extra mile to really keep an eye on what is being posted and what not. There is always the frightful chance that kids will abuse the use of a classroom blog.

Overall any kind of management skills that i would need to utilize all are based upon great organization and a plan and purpose for the use of my blog.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I constantly have to remind myself that taking the time to organize, plan, and get clarity is time well spent! My new middle school mentor teacher is perhaps the most organized person I've ever met - it's nice to have an example. (Of course he teaches the same course over and over all day - so he has only 1 class to prepare - still, his organization is awesome!) So, like you, it would take me a huge time commitment to organize an effective blog. That's why I ruled it out during student teaching - unless that magical summer month of August makes me itch to try something new. . . Somehow, I'm not counting on it. lol

    jan

    ReplyDelete